Friday 4 February 2011

The John Bills 100: 91

91: Pulse Ultra - 'Headspace'.
This band were the first band on at Ozzfest 2002, and I went to see them just to fill a spot I guess. However, I was absolutely thrilled with what I saw. Yes, I was young and impressionable at the time, but this was everything I would have wanted from a band at the time. Sort of like Taproot, but a lot cleverer and minus the same harmonies on every song. I saw them supporting Taproot not long after, and was given a set list and drum stick for singing along to every song. Because I am that cool. However, don't let the nu metal put you off. This is cleverer and far more intricate than your standard nu metal fare, incorporating many different time signatures in individual songs and displaying some damn impressive playing. Its an album I can still put on to this day and be as excited by. Fantastic.

Download: 'Build Your Cages', 'Never the Culprit'.

No comments:

Post a Comment